Friday, September 30, 2011

Expansion

     Logical progression of business typically indicates expansion. It's an interesting thing, expansion. From a business standpoint, looking at nothing but profit? It's attractive. Alluring, even. But what is the real cost? A scary endeavor. Budget has just expanded. We now service more areas, but it is a scary thing. Most people see an expansion as signs of a business doing well. And it is, but what some fail to see is how costly an expansion can be, especially if it is done incorrectly.
     Sometimes, I've seen it as a last resort. A way to attract more customers to a failing enterprise. It always seemed stale to me, futile. So this begs the question, are we expanding (or you, for that matter) because we want more business and are doing well, or are we simply fooling ourselves?
     Doubt is an ugly thing. That's why I don't have it. Well, I do. I was just trying to sound dramatic. But as far as Budget is concerned, I make my decisions carefully. But I make them. And I stick to them. So I guess I'll find out the answer when business starts picking up in different areas if I'm kidding myself, or I'm moving forward into greater things. What about you? Ever expand? Ever have trepidations about expansion? Leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment