Monday, June 4, 2012

Employee Motivation

How do you motivate employees? How do you present consequences for their actions?

As straightforward as this may seem, it isn't. When I first got into this business on a full time basis, I thought hours and money where the only thing employees were after. I was wrong. I have learned that many different things go into a happy employee and their performance at the company they work at. I don't know why this came as a shock because I have worked in places where I didn't care how much money I made. I hated the work.

So how do you motivate someone who hates their job? You can't, is the answer. This is something that I've learned over working here at Budget. No everyone that comes through that door and decides to work for us is going to have the same amount of passion and desire as I do. At first, it hurts a little. It's like saying, why don't you believe in this company as much as I do? But I've learned that money, as long as they think they're being paid fairly, comes in a distant last place compared to what a person looks for in a job.

Suprises are at every turn when you go into any field, any new job. And as much as I know now, I know. I don't know the half of it. What about yourself? How do you feel about your job? Your employees? What would make you, or them happier? Can you make them happier? I'd love to hear your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment