Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Responsibility

As I become more and more comfortable with my original position here at Budget, I found myself getting bored. Almost as if he knew, my father cued in and told me I need to broaden my scope and start looking at the business from more of an owner's perspective rather than just a manager. I must say I've been re-challenged, re-motivated, and happy to start working on a new aspect of myself.

Getting older has taught me something. Motivations change. Dramatically. What used to get me going ten years ago seems...trivial. I know it sounds stupid. Like, "well duh you blogging moron", but when it hasn't happened to you yet, it's really a shocking moment. Talk about an epiphany.

Not too long ago, I shuddered to think of owning my own business. All the responsibility, problems, bills, taxes, forms, and a whole crappy cornucopia of other terrible things. But after being in the working world for awhile and seen what a good boss and a bad boss is, I can't picture myself working any other way.

I am going to take this business to place it's never been. Here's hopin' that it's a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment