Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Planning and Beyond

Happy New Years!

2012 was...not pretty for many people. It was a hard year for us all, actually, one way or another. But what is it about a new year that renews drive and passion? I don't know. But I intend to find out. Business is a routine. Of course there are exceptions, but there is a basic formula that most legitmate business follow. Provide Product/Service, Consumer Buys, You get Paid. Yes, this is easy. But there are a lot of tiny little ins and outs that I've never noticed before until I started working at Budget.

Routine is something we should all have. This routine helps us manage our lives and our business. It's a foundation, not a step by step guide. What's my point? Planning. Did yopu have a rough year? Are there things you want to change? Why keep it as a New Year's Resolution? Call it a business goal.

Mine is to be more organized. To have protocols, to be more observant. New Years Resolutions often get ignored because there are set as a goal to work towards. They're treat like an empty promise to ourselves. Don't let it be an empty promise. Apply it in your life. Make a goal, and follow it as you achieve and evolve.

Easier said than done. And no, I don't have a self help book that I'm going to plug and ask you to buy, either. All I'm asking is for you not to treat your resolution like an empty promise. Treat it like a goal you must obtain without fail. See how that works for you.

Hope you're enjoying the new year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment